saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] IndexedEndpoint

On 10/25/05, Nidhi Magoo <Nidhi_Magoo@infosys.com> wrote:

> Some information regarding IndexedEndpoint is required as have
> this has to be implement in our product. If there are some documents
> related to it, please refer them.

AFAIK the best document is the SAML 2.0 metadata spec (which you've no
doubt read).  An IndexedEndpoint has a unique integer associated with
it.  This integer is referenced in a number of situations.

For example, a SAML 2.0 artifact has a two-byte EndpointIndex
associated with it.  When the receiving entity processes the artifact,
the EndpointIndex is extracted and a metadata lookup is performed.  In
this way, the receiver knows what artifact resolution endpoint at the
issuer to contact.

Hope this helps,
Tom