saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] ID-FF1.2 and SAML 2.0

> I have gone thru the SAML 2.0 specs and I was wondering if
> there is any documentation/information of what was not
> carried forward from ID-FF1.2 For example, ID-FF1.2 there is
> discussion of common domain cookie which is not there in SAML
> 2.0 specs.

That's not true, it's in there. The technical term for this (well, my term
for it) is a "discovery profile".

I'm not aware of anything in ID-FF that is missing. There are significant
technical differences in areas like encryption and quite a bit more
generality, which makes the spec as a whole less "focused" on the ID-FF use
cases, but the functionality is all there.

-- Scott