saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] SAML, trust and WS.

> so do you think SAML will ever try to address those issues,
> or would it let the two main trends (WS-* and liberty) to
> deal with this?

I have a certain interest in seeing a SAML-based profile to address
delegated access to web services, but I think there's a significant
opportunity for a lot of that to be aligned with what Liberty is already
doing to minimize the number of specs for implementers to deal with.

There is some early discussion about delegation semantics going on on the
SSTC list (the archives of which are public) based on work I did for the
Shibboleth project. And that work isn't significantly different from what
Liberty is already doing, it's just decomposed a bit.

-- Scott