saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] SAML, trust and WS.

> identifier in such a case is either
> global (assumed to be useful to any SP but a privacy no-no), or
> meaningless
> to the SP (a handle accompanied by other data)
Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear on this - it's the meaningless handle that
will be used. If an SP wants your identity to access services then your
privacy is breached. Unless you decide to block release of privacy
releasing attributes, in which case you won't get access.

Not sure if I mentioned it but if an IdP is willing to respond to these
"avatar" attribute requests - the avatar is anonymous as far as the SP is
concerned. It only resolves to an identifiable user when the attributes
come back. Perhaps the IdP needs a new set of attributes or mapped
attributes that only the avatar can use. Like you said, that's policy.

eduDigitalVagabond?!

happy hols if you're taking any :)

Alistair

--