saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] modify assertion attributes.

> SAML provide a way to bundle attributes in a saml assertion.
> I didn't see anything about this in the spec so I am assuming
> it's not possible but is there away to modify attributes
> (from a SP for example) ?

No, there are no messages in SAML that relate to updating attributes. The
only thing that is somewhat in the same area is the specific case of
updating NameIdentifiers, but this is more about updating an identifier that
has been shared as a persistent link.

If I'd been more aggesssive, I might have made the argument that attributes
and NameIDs should be treated more uniformly (as in fact they are the same
thing), but I didn't push it.

-- Scott