saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Non-web client authentication

I don't know how you can say that you don't trust an
application running on the user's computer since that
application, if it was a bad guy, could do pretty much
anything on the computer including replacing the browser
with their own thing that looks like a browser.  On
top of that, the application, once it gets the user
signed in, is trusted to do the right thing for the user.

That said, the probably easiest thing to do would be for
your application to act as a local web server and do
an authen request to the IdP with a response going to
localhost:theportyourlistening to.  Then your client
could just act as an SP speaking to the IdP through
the browser SSO profile.

Conor