saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] DEFLATE Implementation in JAVA

I've tried the following with different compression levels, but none of
it works.

import sun.misc.BASE64Encoder;
import java.util.zip.Deflater;
import java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream;
import java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream;

Deflater deflater = new Deflater(Deflater.DEFLATED, true);

ByteArrayOutputStream byteArrayOutputStream = new
ByteArrayOutputStream();
DeflaterOutputStream deflaterOutputStream = new
DeflaterOutputStream(byteArrayOutputStream, deflater);

deflaterOutputStream.write(saml_message_string.getBytes());
deflaterOutputStream.close();

String encoded = new
BASE64Encoder().encode(byteArrayOutputStream.toByteArray());

--Lars