saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] FW: A change to the RSA licensing process for SAML implementers

I sent this comment in reply to the original e-mail sent to SSTC list.
But I received an error (perhaps because I am not a Member of SSTC).
So, I'm now sending it to saml-dev list:

Rob,

It is a good news that the licensing process become easier.
It seems to me (not a legal expert) that there is another change.

Under the previous IPR statement, licensees are required to grant to
RSA a RF license to patents "with respect to the SAML specifications".
Now, under the new IPR statement, licensees can't assert "any patent
claims" against RSA, i.e. including those unrelated to SAML.

Am I reading correctly?

Toshi
---
NISHIMURA Toshihiro (FAMILY Given)
nishimura.toshi@jp.fujitsu.com
STRATEGY AND TECHNOLOGY DIV., SOFTWARE UNIT, FUJITSU LIMITED