saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] HTTP error response code

Roger - you captured the use case correctly.

Probably I didn't state my picture clearly. I know that the current Profile doc does not address the use case I am talking. I was more of an enquiring mind of what folks have done  ...and if something from the profile document can be taken as a "hint".

Thanks for all your responses.
/Prasanta

On 6/2/06, Scott Cantor <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:
> No, I think Scott is simply saying there is no SAML 2.0 profile that
> governs this situation.  Others are free to specify additional
> profiles of SAML, and indeed there is a lot of that going on right now
> outside the SSTC.  Liberty, for example, is heavily involved with SAML
> 2.0.

Yes, that was exactly what I meant. At the end of the day, if your sentence
starts with "I don't have a browser..." and your use case isn't simple SAML
queries, you may as well not look at the profiles document, apart from as a
source of inspiration.

There are other places you can look for overlap with your problem space,
like Liberty and of course WSS itself to some extent.

-- Scott

This publicly archived list supports open discussion on implementing

the SAML OASIS Standard. To minimize spam in the archives, you must

subscribe before posting.