saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] saml:Attribute vs. md:RequestedAttribute

> We have considered using the metadata facility to express the same
> information, but as far as I know there isn't anything that actually
> makes use of that metadata at present.

No, but my question would be why it makes sense *not* to collect it in that
form, particularly since you can programatically style it into whatever form
you like. I'd be particularly interested in whether that form even works, of
course.

> That's put people off the idea
> somewhat, as it would mean we'd be publishing metadata without any
> sanity check other than schema validity.

I'm not sure what you mean, there isn't anything to validate other than the
correctness of the XML. Nothing would ever really know what the data meant.

-- Scott