saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] strongly matches

On 10/16/06, Scott Cantor <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:
> > In the definition of "strongly matches" in section 3.3.4 of SAML2Core,
> > is it implied that the SubjectConfirmation/@Method attributes of the
> > two Subjects are equal?
>
> @Method more or less yes

This perhaps should be errata.

> along with the other simple content,

Such as a nested <NameID> element?  If so, this, too, should be errata.

> but the
> actual confirmation data, nope. Quite by design, e.g. "HoK using KeyName
> Foo" -> "HoK using X509Certificate"

Understood.

> > Without this requirement, it seems the condition is untestable.
>
> It is, at least outside the bounds of a particular deployment.

If the above items are made explicit in the spec (errata), at least
there's something to test.

> "All interop ends at ds:KeyInfo (tm)"

Yes, I've used this (trademarked) statement in other conversations
(with proper attribution of course :)

Tom