saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] SLO IDP generated bindings.

> I was thinking about the case the IDP decides to terminate a
> session (Session expires, others.)
> It should issue a SLO req to the SP/SPs involved.
> Now in this case the User Agent is not involved at all so I'm
> assuming the only possible binding to be used (and coverd by
> the spec) is any synch binding (so far only SOAP is supported).
> Is that correct ?

The browser is involved if the user initiates the logout, or if a window is
maintained somehow with some kind of polling or something.

IdP-initiated doesn't mean "user not involved", that's an orthogonal
consideration.

> Could HTTP Post be used in this case anyhow ?

HTTP POST is a browser-mediated binding, but it is implementation-dependent
whether a server can tell the difference. It should never be used in place
of SOAP, and there's really nothing to be gained from doing that.

-- Scott