saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] SAML2.0 implementations

Guanxi is an open source implementation of the Shibboleth SAML1.1 Profile.
It consists of pure Java implementations of an IdP, SP and WAYF.

The IdP has always been closely involved in authentication and can be
embedded in other applications such as a VLE and can be configured to hook
into the host application's authentication mechanism. It's currently
embedded in the open source Bodington VLE:
http://bodington.org
It can also be used in standalone mode with an LDAP connector.

The SP is a web service based, distributed, Engine and Guards combination.
One SAML Engine can look after multiple Guards, which are minimal entities
that provide Shibboleth functionality to applications. The SP is J2EE
container agnostic and does not require Apache. It also has minimal SSL
configuration as it has it's own SSL layer for auto-trust between an
Engine and it's Guards. This auto-trust is based on metadata at the
Engine, REST handshaking and certificate probing.

More info is on the Guanxi wiki:
http://www.guanxi.uhi.ac.uk

SAMUEL is a partial SAML1.1 Java toolkit and is in the process of being
redesigned from the ground up to support SAML2. No profile support will be
included in SAMUEL. All profile support is contained within a Guanxi
Engine.

hope this helps,

Alistair

--