saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] SAML 2.0 - Name Qualifier Question

On 1/8/07, Shekhar, Mrigank <mshekhar@rsasecurity.com> wrote:

> idp1 as IDP and TB as SP
>
> < saml:NameID Format=" urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:transient"
> NameQualifier=" idp1.com"> joe</ saml:NameID>
>
> TB as IDP and sp1,sp2 etc as SPs
>
> < saml:NameID Format=" urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:persistent"
> NameQualifier=" tb.com"> joe</ saml:NameID>

I don't see how this can work for two reasons: 1) the TB does not
persist identifiers so the persistent identifier above must be
algorithmically computed from the identifier obtained from the IdP,
but 2) the identifier obtained from the IdP is transient so there is
no hope of achieving persistent account linking.

I must be missing something...

Tom