saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] SubjectConfirmation in SAML query

> Well, the RequestAbstractType already has an extension point, so the
> Attribute elements could be added today without additional schema,
> right?

Yes.

> Are you saying that some profile work is needed to insure
> interoperable AuthnRequest/AttributeQuery combinations?  That would be
> great!

I think all you need is an extension profile along the lines of the Third
Party Request extension that outlines the syntax (probably a container
element for the Attributes rather than just piling them in) and the language
to weasel things like that extension did. "Profiles for whom returning
attributes is in scope MAY utilize the Attribute elements as a request for
specific attributes and values, yadda, yadda."

Given the fact that it doesn't seem as though many/any products seem to even
support the metadata-based referencing to attributes during SSO, I'm not
sure there's much hope that anything but Shibboleth and its siblings would
bother doing it, but we probably would. It's not at the top of my priority
stack though.

-- Scott