saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Saml idp in java servlet filter?

Thanks Chad,

Is it typical for a SAML 2.0 idp to be a dedicated application? Or is it possible/common to add SAML 2.0 idp capabilities to an existing application?

For example, I have a classified ads site, with its own user authentication system. I was planning on adding SAML idp capabilities to this application.  Does this make sense, or would it be more typical to remove the authentication capabilities from my classifieds site and run a third app whose sole purpose is authentication?

Thanks for helping me wrap my head around this stuff.

-Morgan

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Chad La Joie <chad.lajoie@switch.ch> wrote:
I don't think you'd be able to implement an IdP as a filter, at least
not a SAML 2 IdP.

morgan packard wrote:
> Thanks Chad,
> I'm looking for an identity provider, though. More specifically, a way to
> modify an existing webapp so that it can provide SAML authentication.
> -Morgan
>
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Chad La Joie <chad.lajoie@switch.ch>wrote:
>
>> I believe the Dane's SP is implemented as a filter.
>>

>> http://www.softwareborsen.dk/projekter/softwarecenter/brugerstyring/oio-saml-java
>>
>> Morgan Packard wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> Can anyone here point me toward a saml idp that can be deployed in a war
>>> file?
>>> Much thanks,
>>> -Morgan
>>>
>> --
>> SWITCH
>> Serving Swiss Universities

SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities
Chad La Joie, Software Engineer, Net Services
Werdstrasse 2, P.O. Box, 8021 Zürich, Switzerland
phone +41 44 268 15 75, fax +41 44 268 15 68
chad.lajoie@switch.ch, http://www.switch.ch

--
morganpackard.com