saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Simplest-to-deploy java SAML idp?

Yeah, I'm aware of that, and while not ideal, that may be acceptable. I'm not enthuastic about coaxing our sysadmins through the edits to the jre's security stuff that might be required though:

Following the instructions at https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/IdPApacheTomcatPrepare
  1. Copy the library shibboleth-jce-1.0.0.jar, located in the IdP source's lib directory into JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext (if you do not have an ext directory, create it.
  2. Edit the file java.security located in the JRE's lib/security directory by adding the following line after the last security.provider entry: security.provider.#=edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.DelegateToApplicationProvider where # is replaced with the a number one more than the last provider in the list.
-Morgan

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Tom Scavo <trscavo@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 2:40 PM, morgan packard
<hellomorganpackard@gmail.com> wrote:

> I got a little spooked going through the Shibboleth tutorial when it told me
> I'd need to add jars inside my JAVA_HOME directory. I had been imagining
> there might be a product which could just be deployed as a war without
> additional installations outside the app server. Am I mistaken, or will
> setting up a Shibboleth identity provider require me to install additional
> components besides the webapp?

Chad can answer this question better than I can, but I believe you
have to endorse xerces and xalan in the container, yes.

Tom

--
morganpackard.com