saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] SAML 1.1 Multiple Attribute Statement

Thanks all for the input.

I see couple of scenarios where you could use more than one
AttributeStatement but nothing concretely say you should.

I am also hearing for interoperability it is better to avoid multiple
AttributeStatement. I would appreciate if you could provide more
information on how off-the-shelf Federation product/Shibboleth handles
multiple AttributeStatement .

Let’s take the scenario in this email, if I have to mention the source
from where the attributes was read in the AttributeStatment, What
would be the best place to specify that? (qualifier ??), so that the
SP implementation can make a design accordingly.

or if I want to provide UserProfile attributes in one
AttributeStatement, UserRole in another and User Organization in
another AttributeStatement. Is it possible to tell the SP by any type
of qualifier that this AttributeStatement contains UserRole..etc.

Tom, I see the “SubjectStatementAbstractType” under AttributeStatement
has been taken out in SAML v2.0 which avoids my multiple Subject
confusion.