saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] preserving query parameters in AssertionConsumerServiceURL

 > is that it's also a bad idea to ever pass actual session ID material

For the record, the sessionId in my example is not an actual session
encapsulating access, but one that differentiate different screen
streams within the same session. Maybe I should have made the example a
bit more generic by using query parameters a to z.

I understand Scott argument, but basically it falls down to not being
able to use the URL I want because the SP needs some reliable way to
compare my AssertionConsumerURL with the metadata.

Which feels like the application of the standard is skewed toward the
implementation responder side.

I can live with it, but unless the standard is amended to read "The
AssertionConsumerURL MUST match the actual URL held in the metadata", I
don't think the standard has been fully implemented, or fully thought
out.

But thanks again for the answer Scott.

Franck Schmidlin
Transformation Technical Consultant - Integration
Technical Architect - Northgate Hub

Northgate Public Services