saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] preserving query parameters in AssertionConsumerServiceURL

Hi Scott,

>> This will increase the risk of potential Denial of Service (DoS)
attacks
>> because even without any authentication you store something in a
session
>> or in a database, etc.

> No, I don't think so. You store it in a cookie. I would add that
signing
> requests can be a fairly major DoS issue, unlike using RelayState.

Do you mean a single cookie or one for each request? In the first case
you will get problems with parallel requests because the cookie might be
overwritten before you get response from the IdP. In the second case I
think there will be problems with their cleanup. If they are not
reliably cleaned up you may lose some other cookies (even such as
jsessionid, etc.) because of the limitation of 20 cookies per server.

Regards,

Dimitar