saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] preserving query parameters in AssertionConsumerServiceURL

Hi Scott,

I am a bit confused from your answer because my question was about the
SAML 2.0 standard and not about any concrete implementation or personal
preference. Could you or anybody else in the mailing list give a short
real life example when AssertionConsumerServiceURL and when
AssertionConsumerServiceIndex should be used?

Regards,

Dimitar

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Cantor [mailto:cantor.2@osu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 5:35 PM
To: Mihaylov, Dimitar
Cc: saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [saml-dev] preserving query parameters in

Mihaylov, Dimitar wrote on 2009-04-09:
> One final question for my understanding - if the received
> AssertionConsumerServiceURL should always be exactly checked against
the
> metadata why not using then the AssertionConsumerServiceIndex? It will
> be much cheaper. I don't see the point of having two mutually
exclusive
> approaches for the same functionality.

Indexing came from Liberty, probably to save space. I don't like it much
because it entangles things quite a bit so that the indexing matches,
and it
precludes the ability to respond to SPs for which you don't have
metadata
using a default policy of some sort.

As for being "much cheaper", I don't know what that means, unless you
mean
space.

-- Scott