saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Is authnquery suitable for WS-Federation?

Filipa Moura wrote on 2009-09-01:
> my Service Provider needs to use WS-Federation to send a SAML Assertion
> containing information about a user (such as Subject, Conditions,
> AuthnStatement) that has to be signed by the Identity Provider to a web
> service (therefore, in the AudienceRestriction, it has to contain the web
> service info)..

I think you mean WS-Security, not WS-Federation.

> How can I obtain this assertion ? using the AuthnQuery?

No, stand alone assertion requests for services is what an AuthnRequest over
SOAP would be for.

There's already a Liberty spec for that.
http://www.projectliberty.org/liberty/content/download/3441/22949/file/liber
ty-idwsf-authn-svc-2.0-diff-v1.0.pdf

-- Scott