saml-dev message

Subject: Trouble Verifying the XML Digest

I am currently using Saml2Ruby to integrate with my vendor’s CA SiteMinder Identity Provider.  After a successful login, I am receiving a SAML assertion and all of the attributes I need are present.  My problem is that I cannot generate a matching digest value to verify that the content has not been tampered with.  It’s my understanding that the digest should be the assertion => SHA-1 Hashed => Base 64 encoded.  This currently isn’t matching the digest value in the response from my vendor.  Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you,

Mark