saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Clarification of consent in SAMLv2.0

Actually, the Consent XML Attribute which appears in the RequestAbstractType and StatusResponseType is defined by SAML Core to contain a URI. Section 8.4 of the Core defines values which may be used:

Unspecified, Obtained, Prior, Implied, Explicit, Unavailable and Inapplicable. It briefly defines semantics for each.

Other values could be provided. Obviously they overlap so presumably you pick the one that fits best, although I see nothing prohibiting you from including more than one.

The XSPA profile references the healthcare concept of Consent Directives, but there is no particular XML construct called Consent.

Hal