saml-dev message

Subject: relative position of RelayState parameter in URL

Hello list,

  The question is whether we have any relative ordering of the "SAMLRequest" and "RelayState" (if present) in the URL.
  The URLs at present all look like http://www.ServiceProvider/otherElements?SAMLRequest=token&RelayState=valueToRemember.

  I know this is a stupid question but can we have a valid request like this -
  http://www.ServiceProvider/otherElements?RelayState=valueToRemember&SAMLRequest=token
  There is an SP sending request like this. Went through the OASIS specs but could not find anything enforcing the relative positions in the URL.

  Thanks for your help.