saml-dev message

Subject: SAML SSO for Python IdP and Java SP

Hi,

I'm working on  implementing SAML based SSO support with a service
written in Python acting as Identity Provider, and with Confluence[0]
and JIRA[1] as Service Providers. For Confluence/JIRA we'll be using
the Seraph Authenticator API[2], written in Java. The Seraph
Authenticator basically acts as a servlet filter.

So far we've mostly looked at OpenSAML for Java, PySAML2[3] for Python
and LASSO[4] which has bindings for both languages. Unfortunately, I'm
finding that documentation and examples / tutorials are a little
sparse for both libraries. Does anyone have some advice on the best
path forward here? This includes pointers on how to use these
libraries, but going for different libraries is also an option at this
point.

Also, can there be implementation differences between SAML libraries
that affect inter-operability, or should I expect that (if the
implementations are sound) a Java library will be able to talk to a
Python library?

Any input is most appreciated!

Best Regards,
Mattias Lidman