saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Discrepancy in SAML Spec

I think/hope that section 5.3 from sstc-saml-core-errata-2.0-wd-06
clears it up by saying that an assertion can 'inherit' a signature
from its containing response element.

5.3  Signature Inheritance
A SAML assertion may be embedded within another SAML element, such as
an enclosing <Assertion>
or a request or response, which may be signed. When a SAML assertion
does not contain a
<ds:Signature> element, but is contained in an enclosing SAML element
that contains a
<ds:Signature> element, and the signature applies to the <Assertion>
element and all its children,
then the assertion can be considered to inherit the signature from the
enclosing element. The resulting
interpretation should be equivalent to the case where the assertion
itself was signed with the same key
and signature options