saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] SLO Profile Question

On 10/11/11 1:00 PM, "Paul Hethmon" <paul.hethmon@clareitysecurity.com>
wrote:

>In the SAML Profiles spec document, section 4.4.2, there is a figure 3
>showing the flow during a SLO sequence. My question is whether the final
>LogoutResponse to the initiating service provider should actually
>redirect the user's browser (using front channel)
> back to the initiating service provider?

Message sequence diagrams are about messages only. They have no normative
implications for UI. If the binding is Redirect, then there's a redirect,
but that has no prescriptive requirement for whether it's a frame doing
the redirect or not.

SAML only addresses what's on the wire. Whenever it tries to do more, it's
usually a mistake, and ends up causing more problems than it solves. The
attempts to mandate error handling are a good example.

-- Scott