saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [Possible Spam] Re: [saml-dev] Any 3 leg profile?

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Ben Hanson
<ben.hanson@virginmedia.co.uk> wrote:
> You could like at a rich client use case.  Although in the name its
> for.......Rich Clients.
>
> Post Redirect is always the preferred option imo.

I found a reference to an "OIOSAML Rich Client to Browser Scenario",
which talks much of what we're doing. The detail that it does is it
sends an unsolicited Response to the SP to facilitate the login.

That had not occurred to me, mostly because I was interested in
getting a session engaged with the IdP. With an unsolicited Response,
that's not necessarily the case.

I was hoping to engage the IdP because in our case it can act as a
central auditing point (the apps audit also, but this gives us another
avenue of audit and control -- for example, an admin can kick users
off the overall system from the IdP if there's a session established).

This is what my little Pooh brain has schemed up, basically.

http://d.pr/i/xL5h

Thanks Ben.

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh@mirthcorp.com)

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic
transmission may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, be