saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] AttributeQuery with Redirect binding

> I'm trying to implement a SAML message exchange for (amongst others)
> attributes. For this, I want to use the Redirect-binding and the
> AttributeQuery message type. However, I can't seem to find the element that
> is used for this message type to indicate the location to which the response
> message must be returned.

That's because AttributeQuery is meant to be used in conjunction with
a synchronous binding such as SOAP. See section 6 of the SAML2
Profiles document.

> For the AuthnRequest message, the element that serves this purpose is
> AssertionConsumerServiceURL. However, this is only described as part of the
> AuthnRequest message and not for the RequestAbstractType supertype of
> AttributeQuery.

That suggests that you might want to use AuthnRequest instead of
AttributeQuery. You could add requested attributes in the AuthnRequest
extensions element. This has been discussed before and I'd be
surprised if it hasn't already been done, but there is no public
profile AFAIK.

Tom