saml-dev message

Subject: dateTime "time zone component"

Hi,

I had a piece of software generate dateTime strings like
validUntil="2013-10-15T15:05:02.130294" and another software fall over
because of that.

The SAML spec has this part about "MUST be expressed in UTC form, with
no time zone component." which would literally support the format
given above (I think; xmlschema dateTime itself would certainly allow
for that) but as Ian (and Olav, I think) point out in this thread

  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/simplesamlphp/7m07m9gLzzA

the spec probably intended to say no timezone /offset/?

As both as posing the question (in that short thread) of the SSTC
clearing this up, potentially even including issuance of an erratum,
I'd like to bring this up here.
-peter