saml-dev message

Subject: SAML centralized server

I have a scenario where I have four to five web based application, which needs to have a common centralized authentication system, in this case how feasible is the SAML based approach i.e each time user want to access any of these web application the user is redirected to SAML server which in return redirects to the IDP, or is their some better solution for such architecture as I am new to the this domain

--
Thanks & Regards
Phalguni Mukherjee