saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Digital Signature Validation

On 6/12/14, 10:02 AM, "Phalguni Mukherjee"
<phalgunimukherjee1007@gmail.com> wrote:

>Can some one give me an abstract overview how actually digital signature
>validation for the saml assertion done?

Abstractly? You verify an XML signature along with a very specific content
profile assessment to prevent wrapping attacks, and then you apply a
deployment specific determination of trust against the signing key to
ensure it belongs to the SAML issuer.

That glosses over a tremendous amount of complex code.

-- Scott