saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] RequestedAttribute/@isRequired "default" boolean value?

On 10/13/15, 12:24 PM, "Peter Schober" <peter.schober@univie.ac.at> wrote:

>How should RequestedAttribute elements be treated if they lack an
>isRequired XML-attribute?  I.e., is there anything suggesting a
>default boolean value for isRequired? One interpretation clearly
>superior to the other?

I don't really see how one could assume that the default for a boolean would be true, but I don't know if there's anything saying that anywhere.

I don't think there are any cases in the standard where an absent value is presumed true. The obvious case being AllowCreate, which really, really should have defaulted to true or been inverted in meaning, since it means he feature is ignored or every request has to uselessly include it.

If that one doesn't default to true, this one sure doesn't.

-- Scott