saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Priority of AssertionConsumerServiceURL vs AssertionConsumerServiceIndex

Another Scenario :
If SAMLRequest has AssertionConsumerServiceURL 'X',
no default URL specified in SP metadata for Idp ,
first URL associated with SP is 'Y', second URL associated with SP is 'X' in SP metadata,
then Idp should send the SAML Response to
'X' or 'Y' ?

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 8:45 PM, Cantor, Scott <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:
On 1/4/17, 7:19 AM, "Vipul Mehta" <vipulmehta.1989@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have confusion regarding priority of AssertionConsumerServiceURL and AssertionConsumerServiceIndex.

I don't believe it's specified behavior to send both so it's naturally unspecified what happens if you do.

> Also, is it required for IDP to set at least 1 ACS URL as default in SP configuration having multiple associated URLs ? Can IDP
> choose to have no ACS URL as default ?

The rules for defaulting endpoints are in the metadata spec and have nothing to do with the IdP or anybody's preferences, they just are the prescribed rules. No default specified, first one is the default.

-- Scott

--
Regards,
Vipul