Subject: Re: [sarif] Errata ready for full TC review

Thanks a lot, David.

On Sat, May 20, 2023, at 03:18, David Keaton wrote:
      The document bundle I just added to the TC's OASIS document
repository is the proposed SARIF errata after substantial cleanup and
after being reviewed by a small group of people.  It is now ready for
review by the full TC.

      At next week's SARIF teleconference, we will discuss submitting
this to OASIS for a 15-day public review.  We could hold a vote at next
month's teleconference, or if people feel comfortable with what we have,
we could vote earlier than that.

David
[...]

I reviewed the errata "docx" file and created the following issue #577 along the way:
"Errata01 section 3.13.3, 4.3.2 (note 2 both) and title page - verify Schema URL is well chosen"
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/sarif-spec/issues/577
As clearly stated in there:

    I am OK with not touching the current errata package.

So, I am OK with progressing the documents albeit reading statements like
"semantics of the file system" make me uncomfortable.
It does not help reading those broad statements within a single sentence twice ;-)
... but that may only be me and it took us IMO long enough to provide these few errata.

PS: Can we please move to markdown for writing the next version of the spec?
I am volunteering as editor, if that helps. Providing diffs is so much easier with text.
For this review I had to convert both documents (with accepted changes) to PDF and then
diff these to have any way to see the intended differences (and esp. not differences
the word app claimed I did on the document ...)

Best,
Stefan

Stefan Hagen, Emmetten, Nidwalden, Switzerland.
orcid: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4206-892X
read: https://stefan-hagen.website
write: stefan@hagen.digital