Subject: Fwd: OASIS Technical changes coming!

To the SARIF TC:

Please note that there will be a platform change one week after our December meeting. Details are in the forwarded message. I do not expect this to cause any problems for the SARIF TC, other than the system being unavailable for a day or two while the transition occurs.

If you've seen some SARIF e-mails go to your junk folder, that should be improved after the transition.

					David
--- Begin Message ---

Hello Chairs and welcome to this temporary mail list for use during the upcoming migration off the Kavi platform. We'll use this list to keep you up to date on the migration, point you to learning resources and ask for your help as we move to a new modern TC support platform.

This list is a discussion list, so you can ask questions etc. The list is populated by anyone who holds a Chair role in a TC or related group. The messaging here and the archive is not intended to be publicly available.

This list and archive will be deleted after we complete the transition to the new platform where we will again support the Chairs in a formal platform, admittedly with a bit more capability and reliability than the legacy system.

In case you missed last week's announcement - we are finally migrating off the Kavi platform!

This transition will provide significant improvements and will change how you interact with your committees and mail lists. See below for more information about the changes, the transition schedule and what you can do to help.

Changes to Expect

The new platform combines all the workspace tools youâre using now, but in a modern web environment with a number of new features to improve both your platform user experience and ability to engage with the OASIS community. Key features include:

  • Mail systems that you can depend on! The new tools support and comply with major deliverability and anti-spoofing standards. This will eliminate many of the sending and deliverability issues your committee may be experiencing

  • Modern web interface and design for your committee internal work and public presentation of your work

  • A single combined platform for your Technical Committees, Open Projects, comment and other community engagement mail listsÂÂÂ

  • All resources created in the legacy Workspace system will be migrated and available cohesively with your new work in the new platform. All URL links for assets in the old platform will redirect to the new location

  • Your Workspace access and community account (used for form submissions, renewal processing etc) will be under a combined access control system and a single set of user credentials.Â

The Transition Schedule

Starting 14 December, there will necessarily be several days of system downtime. During the downtime you will not have access to your membersâ-only web pages or mail lists. The Project admin team will be working with you to ensure no ballots or key milestones will be impacted.Â

ÂPublic resources in key resources - i.e. the published standards on docs.oasis-open.org will remain available.Â

In the next few weeks we will be presenting the new platform and providing training for committee chairs and others who wish to be involved.

What You Should Do Now

Prepare your committee scheduleÂto accommodateÂthe transition shutdown mid-December. This is also a good time to review your current TC page and clean up old Action Items and Calendar items that are no longer relevant. This will help make the new platform thatÂmuch more functional for you!

We'll have more information, training and details in the coming days, so watch this list for important updates!

Scott...

--

ScottÂMcGrath

Chief Operating Officer