sca-assembly-comment message

Subject: Microsoft comment on Implementation Type Documentation Requirementsfor SCA Assembly Model Version 1.1

Microsoft has reviewed the Implementation Type Documentation Requirements for SCA Assembly Model Version 1.1 Specification [1].  We believe that it appropriately addresses the concerns we raised in previous comments [2][3] by explicitly describing the documentation needed for an additional Implementation Type to claim conformance to the SCA Assembly specification.  Approving this as an additional committee specification in the line-up of SCA 1.1 specs would alleviate our concern that SCA was not truly language-neutral.

We greatly appreciate the TC’s thoughtful consideration of our comments and their creative work to reconcile our concerns with others noted in the dialogue on the comments list.

Regards,

Michael Champion

Microsoft Corporation

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-assembly/sca-assembly-1.1-impl-type-documentation-cd01.htmly