Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] Issue 8 proposal

Dave,

Wow!  This is much shorter than even I expected.

I think that your normative text is fine.  I think a few extra explanatory lines would help people understand what
the normative stuff is saying, along the following lines:

a) Before line 1939

"The inclusion mechanism is intended as a means to make it easier to build a large and complex composite from
smaller pieces that can be worked on by different developers and assemblers, but it is assumed that the various
smaller pieces are logically part of a whole.  As a result, all of the included composites must exist in the same
contribution as the including composite - this ensures that the environment (namespace resolution etc) of all the pieces
is uniform."

b) Before line 3120

"When a contribution uses one or more artifacts from another contribution through the import mechanism, there is a
need to be clear about how artifacts are resolved.  For example, if an import is used to access a composite "X1",
and composite "X1" contains references to other artifacts such as WSDL files or XSDs, it is important to ensure that
those references in "X1" are resolved in the context of "X1" and not in the contribution which uses "X1".  This need
drives the following rules:"

David Booz <booz@us.ibm.com>

03/07/2008 20:58

sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[sca-assembly] Issue 8 propsal

Section 6.6 and section 11.2.1  have my changes (there's a bunch of
formatting changes too....I don't know why, I didn't change anything).
Turned out to be shorter than I was expecting.

(See attached file: Issue8-proposal-sca-assembly-1.1-spec-cd01.doc)

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Co-Chair OASIS SCA-Policy TC
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093  or  8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com[attachment "Issue8-proposal-sca-assembly-1.1-spec-cd01.doc" deleted by Mike Edwards/UK/IBM] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in OASIS
at: