Subject: No Overloaded operations

Section 8.1 of the CD01 rev1 says the following:

Remotable service Interfaces MUST NOT make use of method or operation overloading.

I am not questioning that constraint. However, there is no explanation of why the constraint exists, and the question comes up from time to time. I'd like to suggest we add some text that points to one or more of several places:

(a) the WS-I BP 1.1 (section 4.5.3 - R2304) constraint which disallows operation overloading for WSDL 1.1

(b) the WSDL 2.0 spec which disallows operation overloading

I believe this to be a minor editorial matter, and so I hope this can be carried as an action item against the editors.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Co-Chair OASIS SCA-Policy TC
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com