Subject: Responses to Action Item 2008-04-28-1

Folks,

Here are responses to Mark Combellack's comments on the spec which are the subject of Action Item 2008-04-28-1

Mark's original comments are in this email:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200804/msg00089.html

What follows are my responses, interleaved between his comments:

Here is a revised CD-01 Rev2 which incorporates the editorial changes indicated below:

Hi Mike,

I've reviewed this version (Committee Draft 01 with your 2008-04-22
updates) of the SCA Assembly specification and I have the following
comments:

Editorial comments
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Page 1:
Should the date be changed from 18th March, 2008 to 22nd April, 2008
since that was the date of the last edit?

<mje>Fixed in new revision</mje>

Page 18: lines 298 - 303
and Page 27: lines 747 - 754
and Page 38: lines 1204 - 1209
Could we reorder the descriptions of 1..1, 0..1, 1..n, 0..n to match the
order they are defined in the options. i.e. order them as 0..1, 1..1,
0..n, 1..n or change the order of the options to be 1..1, 0..1, 1..n,
0..n

<mje>All 3 occurrances fixed</mje>

Page 20: line 451
Missing space character between AccountService and {.

<mje>Fixed</mje>

Page 20: line 453
No need for public keyword on a method of an interface. It is redundant
so should be removed.

<mje>Fixed</mje>

Page 29: line 816
Extra blank line that should not be there?

<mje>Can't see this in current version</mje>

Page 35: line 1071
For RFC 2119, should the text read "MUST be" rather than "MUST BE" (i.e.
lower case "be")

<mje>Fixed</mje>

Page 46: section 6.4 Wires
There appears to be no sample in this section that shows doing wiring
using the <wire/> XML tag

shown in a lot of other places</mje>

Page 70: Line 2488
Binding section header is missing a section number.

<mje>Fixed</mje>

Page 77: Line 2776 and 2780
The cross reference [1] refers to the Java Specification and not the SCA
Binding specification as described by the text.

<mje>Fixed</mje>

Page 108: Lines 4091 - 4096
Inconsistent indentation of the paragraph. The rest of the document does
not do this.

<mje>Fixed</mje>

Page 109: Lines 4098 - 4105
Inconsistent indentation of the paragraph. The rest of the document does
not do this.

<mje>Fixed</mje>

Page 109: Lines 4131 - 4132
There are other supported interface types, e.g. C and C++

<mje>Fixed</mje>

Page 111: Lines 4189 - 4190
I am presuming this will be filled in later?

<mje>Yes, later  ;-) </mje>

<snip - other comments are non-editorial changes and are addressed by issues</mje>

I hope my review comments make sense.

Thanks,

Mark

sca-assembly-1.1-spec-cd01-rev2.pdf