Subject: Draft Minutes of 2009-03-31 are attached

Title: SCA-Assy - 2009-03-31

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

SCA-Assembly TC
Teleconference

Attendees

Present

Michael Rowley Active Endpoints, Inc. Group Member
fred carter AmberPoint Group Member
Mark Combellack Avaya, Inc. Group Member
Jacques Durand Fujitsu Limited* Group Member
Robert Freund Hitachi, Ltd. Group Member
Eric Wells Hitachi, Ltd. Group Member
Bryan Aupperle IBM Group Member
David Booz IBM Group Member
Graham Charters IBM Group Member
Mike Edwards IBM Group Member
Simon Holdsworth IBM Group Member
Dieter Koenig IBM Group Member
Simon Nash Individual Group Member
Jeff Estefan Jet Propulsion Laboratory:* Group Member
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation Group Member
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation Group Member
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation Group Member
Jeff Mischkinsky Oracle Corporation Group Member
Sanjay Patil SAP AG* Group Member
Plamen Pavlov SAP AG* Group Member
Sabin Ielceanu TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Scott Vorthmann TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member

Chairs

Martin Chapman
Mike Edwards

Scribe

Bob Freund

Agenda:

1. Opening

Introductions
Roll call
Scribe confirmation
Agenda bashing

2. Approval of minutes of SCA-Assembly TC meeting of 24th March 2009
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/31852/SCA%20Assembly%20minutes%202009-03-24.html

3. Action Items:

id=2009-03-10-2 status=done Log these two new issues as PR comments:
id=2009-03-10-3 status=done owner="IssuesEditor" Log issues above as PR comments

4. TC Administrivia

Anticipated Public Review start date of April 3rd

5. New Issues

ASSEMBLY 124: Incorrect use of ##any in Assembly Schemas
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-124

6. Existing (Deferred) Issues

ASSEMBLY 115: Remove @requires and @policySets from SCA property elements
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-115

ASSEMBLY 116: Interface compatibility refers to input/output types which is ambiguous when using WSDL 1.1
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-116

ASSEMBLY 117: Definition of compatible superset and subset
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-117

ASSEMBLY 121: Conformance to OPTIONAL Normative Statements
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-121

ASSEMBLY 122: Incorrect usage of MAY Keyword
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-122

ASSEMBLY 123: Definition of element is missing from the sca-core XSD
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-123
7. AOB

Contents

Topics
[1]  Opening
[2]  Action Items
[3]  Administrivia
[4]  New Issues
[5]  New Issue ASSEMBLY 124: Incorrect use of ##any in Assembly Schemas http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-124
[6]  Left-over Issues
[7]  ASSEMBLY 115: Remove @requires and @policySets from SCA property elements http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-115
[8]  ASSEMBLY 116: Interface compatibility refers to input/output types which is ambiguous when using WSDL 1.1 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-116
[9]  ASSEMBLY 117: Definition of compatible superset and subset http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-117
[10]  ASSEMBLY 121: Conformance to OPTIONAL Normative Statements http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-121
[11]  ASSEMBLY 122: Incorrect usage of MAY Keyword http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-122
[12]  ASSEMBLY 123: Definition of element is missing from the sca-core XSD http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-123
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

Done:
id=2009-03-10-2 status=done Log these two new issues as PR comments:
id=2009-03-10-3 status=done owner="IssuesEditor" Log issues above as PR comments
New:
id=2009-03-31-1 status=pending Chapman to follow up and prepare a proposal to resolve Assembly-121

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Bob Freund

Opening

Roll - quorate with 19 of 24 voting members present
Agenda - agreed
Resolution: Minutes of 2009-03-24 approved w/o

Action Items

Action: id=2009-03-10-2 status=done Log these two new issues as PR comments:
Action: id=2009-03-10-3 status=done owner="IssuesEditor" Log issues above as PR comments

Administrivia

Mary was quoted as having all of the materials in place on April 3
There are efforts to synchronize announcements between Assembly and Policy

New Issues

New Issue ASSEMBLY 124: Incorrect use of ##any in Assembly Schemas http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-124

Booz describes what he discovered in the issue opened by Edwards
Resolution: M:Booz s:Aupperle Assembly-124 opened w/o
Resolution: m:Aupperle s:Malhotra Resolve Assembly-124 with the proposal in the Jira w/o

Left-over Issues

ASSEMBLY 115: Remove @requires and @policySets from SCA property elements http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-115

Edwards:
This is waiting for the Policy TC to respond

ASSEMBLY 116: Interface compatibility refers to input/output types which is ambiguous when using WSDL 1.1 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-116

Nash:
This seems to be entangled with Assembly-117

...we might eventually close 116 and 117 with the same set of changes

ASSEMBLY 117: Definition of compatible superset and subset http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-117

Some folks sem to need more time to review the proposal.
<anish>
a related, but slightly different issue: does the mapping handle Java's method-level annotations?
<anish>
IIRC, it doesn't
<anish>
specifically I meant method-level intents
put to the list for new idea...

ASSEMBLY 121: Conformance to OPTIONAL Normative Statements http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-121

Action: Chapman to follow up and prepare a proposal to resolve Assembly-121
<anish>
For 122, these were the three categories that I mentioned in email that Eric was referring to:
<anish>
I think there are three cases here:
1) MAYs that indicate an optionality wrt document instances. Eg. an
element that has cardinality of 0..1.
2) MAYs that talk about semantics (as Eric noted). I don't think we
should be using a MAY for this.
3) MAYs that indicate an optionality wrt support by conformant SCA Runtimes.

ASSEMBLY 122: Incorrect usage of MAY Keyword http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-122

ASSEMBLY 123: Definition of element is missing from the sca-core XSD http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-123

Folks are asked to review the proposal and prepare for a discussion next time
<EricW>
+1 to Anish about the three cases - We should probably reclassify the MAY statements
Straggler Roll

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2009-03-31 at 13:54:13 GMT-4

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Chair not specified, default chair was assumed

statistics: Schreiber found 43 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 39: s/proposal/proposal to resolve Assembly-121

command-scribe: Line 4: Bob Freund is recognized

command-scribe: Line 4: Bob Freund's nick Bob has been selected

edit-substitute: command on line 39 succeeded, changed line 37 from 'proposal' to 'proposal to resolve Assembly-121'

edit-delete: Line 39 was deleted

command-autoroll/oasis: Line 53: Attempting to fetch roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=16085

command-autoroll/kavi: Line 53: Successfully fetched roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=16085

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.6