Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] FW: [sca-assembly-comment] Microsoft's response for Public Review of SCA Assembly Model v1.1 - 15 day review

On Mar 15, 2010, at 10:22 AM, Estefan, Jeff A (3100) wrote:

> Mike and Martin (and SCA-Assembly TC Members),
>
> It is unacceptable in my opinion that this issue (Issue #132) and
> its cousin (Issue #149) simply be closed with a resolution of "No
> Action."  The points made by Michael Champion of Microsoft and by
> Philipp Knoradi of Siemens are very valid ones and we should not
> take an OASIS-only parochial perspective on these closely related
> issues.  Included below is the Don Ferguson response to Jim Marino
> on this topic from back in June 2009 who's words in his last
> sentence should not be taken lightly.

hi jeff,
  I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I don't believe their
points are valid and it is unacceptable in my opinion that we allow a
vendor to claim they have built a conformant SCA product without
providing a standardized way for someone to actually write and
implement a composite application.

The reason I voted to close no action was that after several months of
conversation, I had yet to hear a concrete proposal that folks were
willing to entertain that would do this.

Do you have a concrete proposal for how we can provide assurances that
when someone implements an SCA application that they have a way to
implement it in a standard way without actually standardizing the
implementation type(s)?
If you simply want to resurrect the "remove the requirement solution",
I see no benefit in repeating the same arguments once again and would
vote against re-opening the issue.

cheers,
   jeff