Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] A look at use-cases for composition with eventing,alternate approaches to make them work better

Eric,

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I have a few questions/comments
on the material (listed below). It would be a good idea to have you
present this on one of our calls. I should also note that we should
evaluate this from the POV of existing usecases that we want to solve.

1) page 1, last two bullets: Isn't that the same? IOW, if you promote
channels won't they have to appear in the CT of the composite that they
occur in?

2) page 2, diagram for PC#1, following current WD, but avoiding global
channels and bindings:
why are there two channels in the outermost and middle composite? Not
that this is wrong, but one channel would suffice and be simpler.

Another alternative for the same is to not have any channels in the
innermost and middle composite, promote all the consumer/producers all
the way to the outermost composite and have a single channel that
connects C, F and the promoted consumer/producer.

3) page 3, direct wires: I see this as problematic. It does not scale
well and has problems with dynamic systems. Consider domain-level
components that want to use eventing and everyone connected to the same
channel (as a producer and as a consumer). Any single component being
undeployed (or deployed) causes changes to all other components.

4) page 4, PC#1: Option: Channels as components, coupled
producers/consumers:
I'm not sure I understand this option. More explanation would help.

5) page 6, PC#2, per WD: avoiding global channels and bindings:
You don't need three channels in the outermost composite. One channel
would suffice.

6) page 7, PC#2, Using channels as components, producer and consumer tied:
Not sure I understand this. Seems like direct wiring.

7) page 8, PC#3, per WD avoiding global channels and bindings:
You can simplify this by using only one channel in the outer composite.