Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] Issue 238 proposal v2

Hi Mike,

On 11/19/10 1:59 AM, Mike Edwards wrote:
OFDB7B7632.7AB82E06-ON802577E0.0033E00F-802577E0.00367265@uk.ibm.com" type="cite">
One thing to consider seriously for the 1.2 version of the specs is whether to do a
complete migration to OpenOffice from Word format.  I note that most of the newer
spec documents are in OO format.

The time to make such a significant change is at the point where we rebase 1.2 on
the final 1.1 spec.

I'd appreciate knowing everyone's view on this. I personally find OO easier to handle
today than Word,  but I realize that may not be the general view.

+1.

As I move between Mac, Windows and Linux, OpenOffice has the extreme advantage of being consistent across platforms.

I'm sure folks from Oracle will object to switching to it, though ;-) .

-Eric.