Subject: 15-Day CSD Public Review Request for Service Component ArchitectureAssembly Model Specification Version 1.1

The following request has been submitted to the OASIS TC Administrator on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 11:53 GMT

Submitter's Name: Mike Edwards
TC Name: OASIS Service Component Architecture / Assembly (SCA-Assembly) TC
TC Email Address: sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org
Work Product Title: Service Component Architecture Assembly Model Specification  Version 1.1
Committee Specification Draft ##: CSD08
CSD URI:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-assembly/sca-assembly-1.1-spec-csd08.pdf
Additional Resources:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/42502/sca-assembly-1.1-spec-cd05-wd076-diff.pdf
Approval Link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/42395/SCA%20Assembly%20minutes%202011-05-24.html
Previous Public Review Announcement:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201002/msg00006.html
Abstract:
Service Component Architecture (SCA) provides a programming model for
building applications and solutions based on a Service Oriented Architecture.
     It is based on the idea that business function is provided as a series
of
services, which are assembled together to create solutions that serve a
particular business need. These composite applications can contain both new
services created specifically for the application and also business function
from existing systems and applications, reused as part of the composition.
SCA provides a model both for the composition of services and for the
creation of service components, including the reuse of existing application
function within SCA composites.
SCA is a model that aims to encompass a wide range of technologies for
service components and for the access methods which are used to connect them.
     For components, this includes not only different programming languages,
but
also frameworks and environments commonly used with those languages. For
access methods, SCA compositions allow for the use of various communication
and service access technologies that are in common use, including, for
example, Web services, Messaging systems and Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
The SCA Assembly Model consists of a series of artifacts which define the
configuration of an SCA Domain in terms of composites which contain
assemblies of service components and the connections and related artifacts
which describe how they are linked together.
This document describes the SCA Assembly Model, which covers
•       A model for the assembly of services, both tightly coupled and loosely
coupled
•       A model for applying infrastructure capabilities to services and to
service interactions, including Security and Transactions

TC Description:
This draft of the Assembly Model specification is regarded as the final 1.1
specification.  No further changes are anticipated.
A parallel final version of the testcases specification is also in progress.
Notification List: None
Notes: None

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-540

> The Standards Development team.
Regards,
Paul

--
Paul Knight  - Tel: +1 781-861-1013
OASIS - Advancing open standards for the information society