Subject: Updated proposal for Exit Criteria

Folks,

Following the debate at last week's TC meeting, I offer the following updated proposal for the Exit Criteria, following the
agreed adjustment to the wording:

""The Concrete Exit Criteria for the SCA Assembly V1.1 specification are that
there shall be at least 2 independent SCA runtimes each of which are compliant
with all normative portions of the specification as described in Section
12.2 of the SCA Assembly V1.1 specification"

I note that this proposal deliberately leaves out any words that address the question of what it will take to convince
the TC that a given runtime does actually conform to the specification.  The reason is that I don't think we shall
agree on such words - and neither do I think that they are necessary.

I believe that it should be up to the runtime owners to produce whatever evidence they have that will demonstrate
the conformance of their runtime.  This could take the form of some test results from running the OASIS Assembly
test suite against their runtime, but it could take some other form - for example, the results of running their own
test suite (possible more comprehensive).

Ultimately, the TC will have to be convinced that the runtimes put forward do in fact conform - and we should all be
aware that there will be a formal TC vote to decide this.  This is what matters, not some contentious set of words added
to the exit criteria.

Yours, Mike

Dr Mike Edwards  Mail Point 137, Hursley Park
STSM  Winchester, Hants SO21 2JN
SCA & Services Standards  United Kingdom
Co-Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC
IBM Software Group
Phone: +44-1962 818014
Mobile: +44-7802-467431 (274097)