Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Face-to-face in Burlington - JCA on agenda?

Hi Peter,

Peshev, Peter wrote:
> So just sharing my view, the only open issue for the JCA is Bindings-22
> "Bindings specifications should provide exemplary Implementations for
> Callbacks and Conversations"

Yes, er, I suppose that would be the only *open* issue. I started
reading the JCA specification for the first time about two weeks back,
thinking I should, so as to be prepared for our upcoming F2F. A few
pages in, I realized I had already encountered a handful of editorial
issues, such as spelling errors, and sentences that were incomplete or
didn't quite make sense. I found enough issues that I concluded that it
was unlikely that anyone else had actually been looking at the JCA
specification either. And further, if these editorial issues exist, I'm
sure that there are some substantive issues that I could stop to
contemplate - if only I were more familiar with JCA. Looking to spend my
time effectively, I didn't want to poke around if nobody else was
bothering. That, of course, led to my previous email.

I can, of course, go off and file the issues I did discover - but
collectively that could be a waste of time to file editorial issues, if
more substantive issues will replace the text anyway - and it is
certainly a distraction from other areas of SCA that I would prefer to
focus on - especially if we're not going to talk about JCA any time
soon. Thus, circling back to my original question, are we going to talk
about JCA at the F2F? Are others looking at the JCA binding with an eye
toward filing substantive issues with the spec? Were there absolutely
*no* deferred issues from the OSOA discussions that perhaps should be
raised again?

-Eric.