Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Re: Proposed resolution to issue 54, attempt #5

We also need a better definition of 'runtime policies and constraints'. That could be interpreted vaguely in order to give a runtime an excuse to introduce a different behavior. Do we have some positive and negative examples?

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Mike Edwards ---03/24/2009 08:12:19 AM---Folks, I'm not sure that my 2 points have really been addresMike Edwards ---03/24/2009 08:12:19 AM---Folks, I'm not sure that my 2 points have really been addressed - or to put it

Mike Edwards <mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com>

"OASIS Bindings" <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>

03/24/2009 08:12 AM

Re: [sca-bindings] Re: Proposed resolution to issue 54, attempt #5

Folks,

I'm not sure that my 2 points have really been addressed - or to put it another way, I'm still confused about what is supposed to
happen for the cases that I discussed.

1) Lines 308 - 310 now say:

"In some cases the URI determined by previous steps is relative to the structural URI for either an SCA service or binding. In case of such a URI, the runtime SHOULD combine the relative URI with an absolute deployment target URI."

a) this seems to imply that the structuralURI contributes to a URI for a reference. I can't see how this can be the case, looking at the steps for the reference URI. I suggest moving this sentence to follow the service URI steps.
b) it introduces the concept "absolute deployment target URI" - where is this defined and described? As a whole, it seems very vague.

2) <service.> bullet 3

The implication is that there can be >1 URI - is this supposed to say that if >1 URI is there, then the service is exposed on EACH URI (ie multiple times). If so, this should be stated explicitly.

3) <reference> bullet 3

I am very unclear about what is supposed to happen if there a multiple port elements when the @wsdlElement reference is to a service element.
It looks as if you end up with a collection of URIs - are you expected to use just ONE of them (and the runtime can choose which one any way it likes)
or is the idea that you have multiple targets and you use them all (OK for multiplicity 0..n and 1..n references but an error for 0..1 and 1..1).

Yours, Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014 Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email: mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com