To whom it may concern,

As the issues editor for my TC, I've been occasionally been copying text
from the web page view of mail archives into the JIRA issue tracker for
our TC.

Specifically, note:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200909/msg00012.html
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-88

(I'm looking at this in Firefox 3.5, and the Jira version ends up with
funky characters around the word "never".

In tracking down this problem, I discovered that the mailing archive entry:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200909/msg00012.html

does not report a character set as any of the HTTP headers, and if it
did so, this problem could probably be avoided.

In viewing the source of the original email as delivered to me by the
mailing list, the "UTF-8" character encoding was clearly specified:

--=_alternative 0063BA458525762C_=

DQo8YnI+PGZvbnQgc2l6ZT0yIGZhY2U9InNhbnMtc2VyaWYiPlRhcmdldDogSkNBIGJpbmRpbmcg
c3BlY2lmaWNhdGlvbiAoQ0QwMyk8L2ZvbnQ+DQo8YnI+DQo8YnI+PGZvbnQgc2l6ZT0yIGZhY2U9

In any case, I can fix the presentation of the page
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200909/msg00012.html
by telling Firefox to use the UTF-8 character set directly (assuming I
notice that I have to do this).

Here's to hoping you can fix the issue...

-Eric.